National Sales Manager
- Work for a Leading Agricultural Organisation
- National Leadership Opportunity
- Christchurch Based
Ravensdown is a farmer owned co-operative within the agricultural sector, there to support the needs of our customers. We work alongside farmers helping to optimise soil fertility and productivity and supporting them to run their businesses in a profitable and sustainable way, with a focus on lowering environmental impact. Beyond fertiliser, Ravensdown provide nutrient management services, technical advice and ensure that essential farm inputs are delivered how, where and when they are needed by their customers. For more information, please see www.ravensdown.co.nz
Reporting to the General Manager of Sales & Marketing, this National role has overall responsibility for our large network of sales & customer service teams. The role requires you to be bold and strategic in your thinking, continuously be looking ahead to the future and navigating how change will impact our customers and our people.
Embodying our people-focussed culture, you will have the ability to develop strong relationships and a high performing team with a high customer service reputation. You will take ownership of the relationships with our key customers. Leading by example, you will bring a cohesive and professional approach to improve service offerings.
Key responsibilities in this role include:
- Leading by engaging, supporting and developing a great team, that deliver day in, day out for our customers and Ravensdown.
- Provide coaching and guidance to key leaders within the Sales network including, Regional Field Sales and Agronomy Teams and our Customer Centre.
- Develop and implement a future-focused sales strategic plan to enable smarter farming for a better New Zealand.
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with key customers, community rural groups, and other stakeholders in the agricultural industry.
- Keeping up to date with industry updates/trends and impacts these cause
- Collaborate with all key areas of our business including Marketing, Commercialisation, IT and Environmental (to name a few).
- Drive a safety and environmentally focussed culture.
Your resilience, tenacity, strong work ethic and flexible approach to finding the best solutions for the business will set you apart. You’ll be experienced in creating, implementing, leading a sales strategy. Being commercially astute, you don’t shy away from hard decisions but understand the need to keep your people engaged and involved. You will drive for results and thrive of reaching goals.
A strong customer focus and the development of enduring relationships with all stakeholders and shareholders is key. You’ll enjoy travelling throughout rural NZ, spending time to understand and stay connected with the team and customers.
We are a company of genuine good sorts. We care about our people and form part of a wider team working towards the same goals. With 10 direct reports and responsibility for a wider team of 100+ passionate people across the country, this is a role for a talented people leader.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and wish to apply for this opportunity with, submit your cover letter and CV and click the ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Sally Wynn-Williams on 03 345 8759 or Jennifer Middleton on 03 345 8761.
Applications for this role close 5pm Monday 17 January 2022