Mechanical Design Engineer
- Design Market Leading Products
- Kerikeri or Rangiora Based Opportunity
- Fast Paced and Dynamic Team
Promax is a nationally focused business manufacturing and distributing liquid storage solutions for the agricultural, civil, industrial and construction sectors. They help people who want increased drought resistance, containing stormwater or industrial liquids by minimising costs and effort and freeing up valuable space and time. Promax was founded in 1992 and has built a solid reputation by establishing long lasting relationships with their broad client base across New Zealand. Their Head Office is in Kerikeri and they have manufacturing plants in Kerikeri and Rangiora. The organisation’s purpose is to make a difference today to sustain life tomorrow. For more information on Promax visit their website at www.promaxplastics.co.nz
This role could either be based in the Head Office in Kerikeri in the Bay of Islands or Rangiora in the heart of Canterbury.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this hands-on role is responsible for designing, planning, managing and coordinating industrial and civil projects. You will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure key objectives are met within designated timeframes and budgets. The role will champion product and commercial innovation and development.
You will be:
- Highly proficient in 3D CAD drawing programs
- A highly driven and self-motivated professional with a mechanical engineering background
- An effective communicator, negotiator and collaborator
- Results oriented, able to manage and complete projects within timeframes and budget
- Passionate about research and development with a strong continuous improvement focus
- Able to identify new markets and trends in line with strategic goals
- A strong team player
You will have:
- Exceptional design skills using SolidWorks or comparable 3D CAD package or similar with the ability to translate client needs into technical designs and drawings.
- A Mechanical Engineering Degree or Diploma with a minimum of three years’ experience ideally in fluid dynamics with a focus in storage and transfer.
- Experience working collaboratively with both internal teams and external partners to achieve success
- Strong project management experience from conception through to delivery
- Proven success in converting R&D opportunities into commercial sales revenue
- Exceptional attention to detail across all documentation
- The enthusiasm and personal energy to embrace change
- The ability to consistently execute and get things done
If you feel you possess the technical expertise, energy and initiative required and are drawn by the opportunity to make a difference to a successful New Zealand business, please submit your cover letter and CV by clicking the appropriate "Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Amanda Hance on 03 3458754 or Shayne Hooper on 03 345 8758.
Applications close 5pm Monday 27 September 2021