Intermediate & Senior Software Engineer
- Flexible Working Conditions
- Permanent Full Time Opportunity
- Christchurch, Auckland or Dunedin Based
About the Company:
People first. Live for the future. Dare to be different. These three values underpin everything we do at Jade. We never lose sight of people, their potential, and the innovative ways they can achieve that potential through technology.
Our commitment to our customers’ future success defines us. Through passionate employees like you, we’re always looking for new ways of combining the power of People, Data, and Software, to make technology meaningful and accessible. This approach enables our customers to evolve in the fields of customer engagement, retention, and business efficiency.
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced Intermediate & Senior Software Engineers to join our delivery team preferably in Christchurch, but we are open to the location being our Dunedin or Auckland office, reporting to the Engineering People Lead. This is a fantastic opportunity where you will design, develop, maintain, and test application software while collaborating with a technical team across software design and implementation.
A little about you:
To be successful in this role, you will have an outcome-focused mindset coupled with a strong appreciation and commitment to providing brilliant customer service. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential as you liaise directly with your client, while providing problem diagnostics and investigation skills with a high level of attention to detail.
If you have a passion for what you do, think outside the box, where you love to collaborate and build strong relationships and not accept the status-quo then this is the opportunity for you. If you take initiative, have a pro-active and adaptable approach to your work, then we would love to talk to you.
A little about your experience:
- 4-5+ years’ experience in a software development team environment where a relevant IT tertiary qualification is preferred
- A background in the financial services/insurance industry or enterprise development
- Knowledge of software development processes, practises, and methodologies, including DevOps practises, with deployment to cloud-based solutions
- Integration testing and test-driven development with a strong focus on quality engineering
- Experience using Angular, React, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and tools such as GIT, TeamCity, Octopus, C#, AzureDevops and Microsoft technologies
- Knowledge of Visual Studio 2015+ with SSDT, SQL Server 2008 and 2012+ Stack skills
- Working knowledge with Docker and containerisation technologies is preferred
What’s in it for you:
This role can work from our Christchurch, Auckland, Dunedin office or remotely if needed. With an Australian based client, you will need to be flexible with hours with a great work-life balance. Jade Software offer medical insurance for you and your family, life and income protection insurance, a broadband subsidy, car-parking (location dependant), but most importantly a place where you feel you belong and can grow your career.
Give Zoe Dalton a call for a confidential discussion on 021 1678528 or APPLY NOW.