- Well Established Boutique Company
- Growing Nationwide Project Management Firm
- Christchurch, Auckland or Wellington Based
Cequent is a specialist client side project management firm with an excellent construction industry reputation and strong knowledge base, held in the collective talents of its people. Since 2008 Cequent has grown in a sustainable way, centred around the right people and projects. Cequent is now seeking to appoint a General Manager with excellent people skills, strong industry connections and a demonstrated project management background. For more information about Cequent go to www.cequent.co.nz
Reporting to the Board on long-term goals and month-to-month performance you will lead a team of Regional Managers as well as mentor and coach the team across the business with oversight of: strategy delivery, client development, project management, process improvement, people, accounting/ finance, technology and marketing.
You will work with the Regional Managers to develop company and regional strategies and actively support the execution of those strategies including sustainably growing the business from 20 to 35-40 people in the next 3 years.
You will be actively involved in developing new and leveraging existing client relationships in conjunction with the leadership team, including assisting in the securing of bids, while ensuring alignment with agreed business plans. In addition, you will be involved in some fee earning Project Director roles, however this will decrease as you lead the growth of the business.
Your Skills and Experience
- General Manager or Regional Manager experience in a related in a related industry
- Able to demonstrate excellent leadership characteristics including: positive attitude, passion for the industry and your work, strong communicator and decision maker and able to inspire the team
- You will have a proven Project Management background of delivery with excellent technical knowledge
- You think strategically and can communicate at all levels with clients
- Can demonstrate a history of winning work and developing long term client relationships
- Identify ways to continuously improve business performance
- Can build on the Cequent culture by aligning your leadership to the company values
If you have the vision, energy and drive and drawn by the opportunity to take control of your own career destiny within a well established and respected company please submit your CV and cover letter by clicking the ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquires are welcome by calling Kate on 021 22 55 45.
Applications close at 5pm, Wednesday 16 January 2019