General Manager Marketing Brand & Communications
- Strategic Marketing and Communications Leadership
- Ignite Citywide bold Ambition
- Christchurch based
ChristchurchNZ is the city’s sustainable economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors for Otautahi Christchurch. ChristchurchNZ core priorities are growing jobs, improving the economic, social, and environmental competitiveness of businesses, while promoting Christchurch nationally and globally to people who want to do business, invest, visit, study, and live in the city. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.com/about-us
Reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the creative and strategic development and implementation of all ChristchurchNZ marketing and brand activity to activate and maximise audience connection and impact
- Engage internal and external stakeholders to promote and leverage the ChristchurchNZ brand story
- Collective oversight of the City Strategies - Visitor, Economic Development, Major Events, Antarctic and the City Narrative
- Work closely with the Board and senior leaders to share critical insights and participate in effective strategy setting
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction for your team
To succeed in this role, you will build trusted relationships internally and externally while being able to effectively communicate information and ideas via various communication channels. You will have experience leading and executing large scale marketing projects, have a strong understanding of consumer insights and activation, stakeholder and media management, and be able to demonstrate commercial acumen. Experience in the public sector will be favourable, but not essential.
If you possess the above qualities and are drawn in by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the appropriate ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Nick Carter on 03 345 8764 or Ella Kotlowski on 03 345 8755.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 22 January 2021