- Innovative and Progressive Company
- Long-Term Contract Position
- Part-Time Hours with Flexibility
Canterbury Linen Services is a market leader in the textile rental and services industry, which has been operating in Christchurch since 1982. It is the largest commercial laundry in the South Island servicing a range of industries with a particular focus on the medical and accommodation sectors. More information can be found on their website www.canterburylinen.co.nz
Reporting to the General Manager, this integral accounting role is responsible for the company’s financial management including all routine accounting duties right through to providing strategic costing advice and supporting the Board.
- Weekly, monthly and annual report creation and analysis
- Maintaining and enhancing back office recording and reporting systems
- Processing, tracking and sharing sales data to all departments
- Creation and tracking of operating budgets
- Preparation of financial statements under IFRS to keep the company compliant and ready for audit at all times
This is a part time role that will require a pattern of regular onsite attendance.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this position, you will have previous experience in a similar role supporting a sizeable business. You will be comfortable:
- Monitoring performance data, watching data and importantly forecasting future outcomes
- Providing independent focus for company activity and holding the Board secretarial function
- Solid experience in product costing and planning
- Offering process and systems advice to keep up with company growth
- Processing payroll, holding cheque signatory duties, producing all monthly reporting and keeping accounting cycles functioning
Candidates with experience in a manufacturing environment will be given preferential consideration.