The Road Traffic Accident Trauma Charitable Trust trading as the National Road Trauma Centre is a dedicated charitable organisation committed and to enhancing the lives of others. The Trust’s strategic objectives are designed to provide meaningful impact in reducing the socio and economic cost of road trauma by providing integrated services for those impacted directly and indirectly.
Due to significant expansion, the National Road Trauma Centre is now seeking additional Trustees who have an active interest in the Trust’s role in psychology, roading, healthcare, emergency services and post trauma care sectors that will allow us to continue to meet our objectives when we were founded in 2010.
The Trust aims to optimise support centric to the needs of patients, industry professionals and road trauma prevention (road safety, physical and psychological injury prevention) in a structure that sets the standard in New Zealand. It is our vision to enhance collaboration and connectiveness to benefit and best serve the needs of those in our community, particularly those most vulnerable.
Working with Us
We believe our people are our strongest asset and are fundamental to our continued success. You will be joining a highly skilled, highly productive team of technical experts who are passionate about benefiting the New Zealand community through road crash reduction and trauma reduction and enhancing the lives of others. Our Trust is geographically diverse and from multi-disciplines, you will have opportunity to work with colleagues from across Australasia.
You will have the ability to work amongst a diverse range of stakeholders including those in healthcare, emergency services, psychology, road safety and transportation engineering.
The Chair has an important role in leading the vision and purpose of the Trust.
The position requires someone who has current Board Chair experience at a Senior Governance Board level. This role with require a person who is committed to positive long-term working relationships with government entities, stakeholders and industry professionals.
To support the rapid growth of the Trust we are seeking a strong Board Chair who will:
- Chair Trustee meetings with the ability to think objectivity in meetings and ensure all decisions made are fair and impartial;
- Maintain strong relationships with other key stakeholders, government and non-government organisations to ensure cohesion and alignment of purpose and vision;
- Ensure the Trust, in its role continues to engage and be actively seen as a leader particularly taking into consideration the emerging integration of road safety and healthcare; and
- Ensure the General Manager in the management of the operations of the Trust is well supported.
- Experience in leading and delivering change management.
- Previous Board Chair experience with a minimum of five years.
- Applicants with previous Crown experience within transportation, road safety or health care sectors is highly encouraged.
This position is non-remunerated, however, there may be reimbursement of expenses opportunities in the future.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and wish to apply for this opportunity with The Road Traffic Accident Trauma Charitable Trust, submit your cover letter and CV and click the ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Nick Carter on 03 345 8764.
Applications for this role close 5pm Friday 23 April 2021