Revenue & Commercial Partnerships Manager
- Lead Strategic Partnerships and Relationship Management
- Hunt and Diversify Revenue
- Christchurch Based
ChristchurchNZ is the new economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors to Otautahi Christchurch.
To fulfil our mission of igniting bold ambition in our city and region, we provide targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting our city nationally and internationally. We aim to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches - a place where our people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.org.nz
Reporting to the CEO your key responsibilities will include:
- Growing commercial revenue streams and identifying opportunities for new products and services with commercial potential
- Leading, developing and monitoring revenue, sponsorship and partnerships strategies
- Providing commercial expertise and support to the SLT
- Leveraging partnerships to benefit ChristchurchNZ and its partners
- With colleagues, providing collective oversight of the following City Strategies – Visitor, Economic Development, Major Events, and the City Narrative
- Providing courageous leadership and be part of a unified leadership team committed to bold ambition for our place and people
You will also:
- Work closely with the CEO, the Board and senior leaders to share critical insights and influence effective change
- Participate in the strategic development of the organisational direction as a core member of the leadership team
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will be a strategic thinker with proven success in the delivery of commercial sponsorship and partnership outcomes. Strong business acumen and extensive experience in a senior commercial, sales or negotiation role will be essential. You will have excellent relationship and local networking skills with the ability to connect with partner and client organisations at the senior level. You will have a contacts list full of key commercial contacts locally and nationally from SMEs to major corporates and organisations. You will be prepared to hit the ground running. A relevant qualification would be advantageous.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the appropriate ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Sally Goldsmith on 03 345 8761 or Nick Carter on 03 345 8764.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 19 February