General Manager - Destination & Attraction
- Drive the Christchurch Experience
- Turn the Vision into Reality
- Christchurch Based
ChristchurchNZ is the new economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors to Otautahi Christchurch.
To fulfil our mission of igniting bold ambition in our city and region, we provide targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting our city nationally and internationally. We aim to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches - a place where our people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.org.nz
Reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing strategies to enhance Christchurch and Canterbury as an exciting city to live in and visit – as a destination and gateway to the South Island and New Zealand and as a preferred location for major attractions, major events, conferences and major events
- Working with partners locally, nationally and internationally to ensure an exciting and attractive destination and grow world-class offerings
- Leading the implementation of the Christchurch Visitor Strategy and Major Events Strategy
- With your colleagues, providing collective oversight of the following other City Strategies – Economic Development and the City Narrative
- Being part of a unified leadership team committed to bold ambition for our place and people
You will also:
- Support the business in evaluating, advising on, developing and executing new business opportunities
- Work closely with the CEO, the Board and senior leaders to influence effective change in the areas of destination growth, management and development of exciting new attractions
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction for your team
- Participate in the strategic development of the organisational direction as a core member of the leadership team
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will be a strong commercially focused strategic leader and thinker with proven experience in a senior leadership role within a similar or related sector. You will have experience in the successful development and implementation of business strategy coupled with exceptional leadership capabilities to lead and develop talent. You will be politically astute and able to manage complex pieces of work while building strong networks delivering sustained regional growth. A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the appropriate ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Lisa Wheeler on 03 345 8757 or David Clausen on 03 345 8762.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 19 February