General Manager - Marketing, Brand & Communications
- Strategic Marketing and Communications Leadership
- Domestic and International Activation
- Christchurch based
ChristchurchNZ is the new economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors to Otautahi Christchurch.
To fulfil our mission of igniting bold ambition in our city and region, we provide targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting our city nationally and internationally. We aim to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches - a place where our people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.org.nz
Reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the creative and strategic development of all ChristchurchNZ marketing and brand activity to activate and maximise audience connection and effectiveness
- Growing the reputation of our city and region locally, nationally and globally
- Establishing and owning the tone of voice for ChristchurchNZ consistent with our mission to ignite bold ambition
- Engaging internal and external stakeholders to leverage the ChristchurchNZ brand story
- Collective oversight of the following City Strategies – Visitor, Economic Development, Major Events, Antarctic and the City Narrative
- Demonstrating an accomplished track record of targeted Strategic Marketing and Brand leadership, above and below the line
- Being part of a unified leadership team committed to bold ambition for our place and people
You will also:
- Work closely with the CEO, the Board and senior leaders to influence effective change
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction for your team
- Participate in the strategic development of the organisational direction as a core member of the leadership team
Skills and experience:
To be successful in this role you will build effective relationships internally and externally and be able to communicate effectively information and ideas via various mediums including emerging communication channels. You will have a strong understanding of consumer insights and activation, stakeholder and media management and in support of your strong commercial acumen, will likely hold a relevant tertiary qualification.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the appropriate ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Sally Goldsmith on 03 345 8761 or Nick Carter on 03 345 8764.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 19 February