General Manager - Strategy, Insights & Policy
- Strategy & Policy Leadership
- Turn Analysis into Insights
- Christchurch Based
ChristchurchNZ is the new economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors to Otautahi Christchurch.
To fulfil our mission of igniting bold ambition in our city and region, we provide targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting our city nationally and internationally. We aim to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches - a place where our people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.org.nz
Reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities will include:
- Providing evidence-based thought leadership, strategy knowledge and leading the Project Management function for the organisation
- Providing commentary on macro and micro economic, and statistical analysis and insights to help guide policy and tangible results
- Delivering high-quality internal and external stakeholder strategy and policy advice
- Identifing trigger points and opportunities for public-sector intervention in order to stimulate the Canterbury economy
- Oversight of the following City Strategies – Visitor, Economic Development, Major Events and the City Narrative
- Being part of a unified leadership team committed to bold ambition for our place and people
You will also:
- Lead the strategic planning for the organisation, ensuring programme alignment
- Support the organisation in evaluating, developing and executing new business opportunities
- Work closely with the CEO, the Board and senior leaders to share critical insights and influence effective change
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction for your team
- Participate in the strategic development of the organisational direction as a core member of the leadership team
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have past senior leadership experience in providing strategies to champion and drive economic activity and competitiveness. Demonstrating strong financial and economic acumen, you will have successfully developed and implemented business strategy, while managing market complexity and partnerships. A relevant tertiary qualification and the ability to lead a talented team in a service-orientated organisation is required.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the appropriate ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning Nick Carter on 03 345 8764 or Lisa Wheeler on 03 345 8757.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 19 February