General Manager - Innovation & Business Growth
- Innovation, Commercialisation and Business Leadership
- Connecting Innovation with Business
- Christchurch Based
ChristchurchNZ is the new economic development and city profile agency charged with igniting bold ambition, excitement, connecting changemakers, stimulating economic activity and attracting visitors to Otautahi Christchurch.
To fulfil our mission of igniting bold ambition in our city and region, we provide targeted initiatives to support innovation and business growth while promoting our city nationally and internationally. We aim to ensure its reputation grows as a vibrant and exciting city surrounded by mountains and beaches - a place where our people experiment and test new ideas and innovate in business, technology and society. To find out more visit www.christchurchnz.org.nz
Reporting to the CEO, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Create, enable and systemise commercial innovation initiatives
- Develop innovative programmes linking entrepreneurs, researchers and students to local businesses
- Attract major international organisations, innovators and entrepreneurs to the city and region
- Develop and nourish partnership connections to grow a robust innovation pipeline in support of new and existing businesses
- Lead and develop the effectiveness of the Innovation & Business Growth team
- With senior colleagues, provide collective oversight of the following City Strategies – Visitor, Economic Development and the City Narrative
- Be part of a unified leadership team committed to bold ambition for our place and people
You will also:
- Lead and promote ChristchurchNZ Innovation & Business Growth activity across the organisation and stakeholders
- Ensure connectivity, clear communication and effective cross-functional partnerships
- Work closely with the CEO, the Board and senior leaders to share critical insights and influence effective change
- Provide inspirational leadership and direction for your team
- Participate in the strategic development of the organisational direction as a core member of the leadership team
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will need to be a strategic thinker with past successes in the commercialisation of innovation within a senior leadership role. This will include the ability to attract new business, connect across wide ranging networks, and develop excellent relationships with partner and client organisations at the senior level. It is likely you will have a relevant tertiary qualification to support your professional experience.
If you feel you possess the above qualities and are drawn by the opportunity to contribute to this influential organisation that will tangibly make a difference to the city we live in, apply now by submitting your cover letter and CV by clicking on the appropriate ‘Apply’ button. Initial enquiries are welcome by phoning David Clausen on 03 345 8762 or Sally Goldsmith on 03 345 8761.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 19 February